Saturday, July 21, 2012

Purpose

We all have a purpose in life right? Steve Jobs (co-founder of Apple Inc.) once said this about life, "We're here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why would we be here?" The problem is what is a person's purpose, or what "dent" are they going to put in this universe? Good question right?

Take a minute to think . . . what is your purpose in life? What dent are you going to put in the universe for all of us? Think about that for a minute . . . .

If your younger you may be thinking, "What the hell does that matter, I have my whole life ahead of me to think about that." It does matter though. Like I was always told throughout my years in school, "It's never to early to start thinking about your future." I think about it daily, I think what do I want to do with my life? What do I want my purpose in life to be? I believe my purpose is going to be to entertain people with my words and through films. You never really know though do you? I might change my mind. You most likely will change your mind but thats okay. Really it is because its just one more step to finding your dent you will make.

What if you have no clue what you want to do? I say just spend a few minutes every night thinking about it. Connect your interests with possible things you could do for a future career/purpose in life. You may think you don't have a purpose, but you do we all do, you just need to believe in it. There are days I think, I will be a nobody. What do I do to overcome it? I think of my dreams that I have, and I push the limits of those dreams beyond what I had ever imagined. I might not achieve them, I might achieve them, but the important thing is that I will try my hardest to achieve my dent in this world. If someone tells you that you won't or can't do it, do this little thing I like to call "ignoring" and try your hardest. Try, try, and try again that is all I can say. Oh and remember we all have a purpose.

Now, if your older you might be thinking about what have I done with my life to leave a dent behind? Am I right? Well did you get married, have any kids, be in somewhat of a relationship, enjoy life's greatest adventures, or something at all? Some things that you might think are little, could be a big deal if you really think about it. What about having kids and being married, and thats all you did with your life (plus having a job). Lets say you had two kids and you were like the greatest parent to them. Your wife/husband loved you too. Well lets see that is three life's you have affected with your life. I would say that is a pretty big dent, plus those two kids could turn out to be great and because of your existence you brought them into this world to do those great things. Even if they didn't do anything but fall in your footsteps, they still did something great, they made people (someone) happy. What if your not married? What if you just enjoyed life as it went past and stayed happy? Well your dent, I would say, is that you kept yourself happy. Some people are never happy but you managed to do it.

What if you didn't do any of those things. Well reader I don't know your life, but just think of the positives. Think of all the great things that could come from the positives that you have done with your life. The moral or point I am getting at is that everyone has a purpose in life. You may not believe it, but it is the truth about life. I also want to say that everyone deserves to be happy. Sure there are going to be days maybe weeks on end where you are down in the dumps (sad/depressed), but happiness is only so far away and I promise one day you will be happy again if you try. I am not telling you to bury the past to make yourself happy, I am saying that happiness will find you, if you try.

Happiness is a purpose, and it is also a dent that can affect our world in so many ways. Just remember that you have a purpose in your life. All you have to do is try and follow your dreams, along with trying to be happy! Then when you are gone, you will have somehow left a "dent" in the universe!

1 comment:

  1. Noah your the best!
    UR FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete