Friday, June 29, 2012

Lost love

Here is an old story I wrote a couple months ago, but never wanted to put it on here. I decided to put it on here tonight to decide if it is any good? I know there might be quite a few errors because it is a rough idea I had at the time . . . Enjoy it: 



It was supposed to be a perfect weekend for us. She was supposed to come on the 27th of April to spend Friday and Saturday night with me so she could stay the whole weekend. I had it all planned out: Friday we would go have dinner at the local town park, Saturday we would spend all day doing something together, then that night I would surprise her with with dinner at her favorite restaurant, Fuji, then surprise her with a night bowling, then I would take her up on a hill by my house so we could stare at the stars and just talk with each other. Of course though I should have known, things don’t always go according to plan. Who would have guess they would have gone this badly though. 
April 17th, 2013, my girlfriend was leaving for a trip to Florida with her family for like five days. This was all in the plan, I knew she was going on this trip and it was fine, she would be back in time for our special prom that I had planned out for us. She had no idea what I had planned, and I was just getting more excited by the day for surprising her. 

My girlfriend’s name was Emma Manbury. She is absolutely gorgeous, but of course I would say that right? I am not kidding though she is absolutely the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. She has amazingly smooth blonde hair, the greatest blue eyes you would ever want to stare into, and just incredibly smooth skin. Her personality is just amazing, she is very opinionated (believe me when I say you will never win an argument with her), she can be ditzy which is what makes her great, and she just loves to laugh which I love. 

Enough about me talking about how amazing she is, which you wouldn’t fully understand until you actually met her anyway. Back to her trip to Florida though. Well, she had a great flight down there, everything went perfect. She had let me know when she landed and everything. She took lots of pictures with her iPod which I got via a photo stream on my iPhone and iPad. She looked like she was having a great time. They had went to Disney World for there trip. She took a picture in front of the famous Disney castle. 

The flight home is where everything had went wrong. The accident was devastating. What you might be thinking is that the plane crashed right? Well no, thats not what had happened. The flight went great, prefect even. Her plane landed right on time like it was supposed to. After her plane ride is where everything went wrong I was told. I wasn’t there, and maybe if I was there things could have happened differently. I should have been there, but no instead I was at work washing some semi-trucks. 

I was told by her mother over the phone that Emma had apparently walked across the parking lot to go to there car, and some reckless jackass had come around the corner had hit her going 15 MPH. He had broken both of her legs, and cracked five ribs, and caused serious head trauma. The hospital she was flown to was in Rochester, Minnesota. The second I had heard about it I just took of driving from my home in Owen, Wisconsin. It was about a three hour drive, but the way I was driving, I was there in two hours. 

I loved this girl, I had been dating her for about three years now, and I couldn’t imagine life without her. The car ride was probably the longest time I have been apart from her, and I have gone a month without seeing her before. How could something like this have happened? If only I was there, things could have been completely different. If I was there I could have picked her up out front, so she wouldn’t have had to be in the parking lot at all. 

Her mother told me on the phone as I was driving, that she was in serious condition and that she had went into a coma. I was terrified to lose her. She was my everything as I told her all the time. We have been dating for three years so of course she is very important to me! Only reason we aren’t farther than dating is because I am still in high school and still planning on attending college. 

When I had gotten to the hospital they tI saw her mother immediately. You could tell she had been crying because around her eyes, which were the exact same color as her daughters, were red. She came up to me and said in a somewhat soothing voice, “Emma is in surgery right now for her legs and broken ribs. They said it could take awhile.” 

I hadn’t cried yet because I couldn’t believe the news that I was told. I didn’t want to believe it, but now that I was here I couldn’t help the tears. I couldn’t help it. Emma’s mom brought me into a hug as I cried and said, “It’ll all be okay, she is a tough girl.” 
This has been a story by Noah Mark Bitney 

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you connect what you have experienced in real life with something that you haven't exactly experienced quite yet.

    ReplyDelete